Sunday, April 28, 2019

Learning Challenge: Unread Book: Just Read! (Bruno Mars)


Winnie the pooh
Pooh
I love the guy who plays the librarian in the video (Adam Kalma)...he cracks me up! The main chorus repeats“It’s Saturday night and I’m in my seat...don’t believe me just read...don’t feel guilty just read.” To fully appreciate the full scope of the contents and purpose requires both watching and listening to the video as well as reading Lyrics of the song. The books that are highlighted throughout the video provide a walk through childhood, the AP book list, and the list of best sellers. The cast within the video includes Bilbo Baggins, Katniss Everdeen, Ms. Frizzle, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Voldemort, Winnie the Pooh, Pippi Longstocking, Gone Girl Searcher, and Juliet. Although I identified many of the characters within the video, I discovered more within the credits at the end of the video. I also like how Adam Kalma’s character is called “Guybrarian.” This is a lighthearted journey into remembering childhood favorites and classics and perhaps also remembering the joy of reading. The video made me smile and made me remember that reading is a lifelong activity that involves many people and adventures that can be very fulfilling. I should challenge myself to read more for pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment