Sunday, April 21, 2019

HEART

EXTRA CREDIT
Learning by H.E.A.R.T Challenge

girl
excersizing
I have spent the better part of today catching up on homework and attempting to work ahead in a few of my classes. That being said, I have been hunched over and in a sitting position for too many hours. My body hurts, my head aches, my shoulders are tight, and my fingers are stiff. I could use a brief break. After pursuing the H.E.A.R.T extra credit options, I thought I would give the 17 exercises a try and see if I could release some tension from my shoulders and get a much needed energy boost to get through the evening.  I must admit that the first deskexercise made me laugh, but also gave me confidence in my ability to fulfill this challenge. Fidget. I am a constant bundle of wiggles, either my knee shakes or my legs swing; I guess I am better at this desk exercising thing han I thought I would be. After completing 16 out of the 17 exercises (I didn’t do the shadow boxing exercise, yet). Here are my favorites:
Exercise 4 is the Active Arm Stretches. I am amazed by how could this feels on my inner wrists. It also helps release some tension in my shoulders.
Exercise 5 - Shoulder and Neck Stretches - doing these felt AWESOME. It is very similar to the yoga stretch where your head turns one way and while keeping your shoulders on the ground, you twist you back, hips, and knees in the other direction. This exercise keeps you from getting dirty, though.
Exercise 10 - Shake it Up - wow, wow, wow...this gets your blood moving in your fingers and feels extremely energizing. I added my arms to this shakefest and felt invigorated!
Exercise 15 - Jumping Jacks - a definite cardio increase! It seems to improve my concentration and clear my head.
I really enjoyed doing these deskexercises. I feel like the small break has given me some needed energy to continue with my work.



No comments:

Post a Comment