Sunday, April 28, 2019

Learning Challenge: Empathy: The Human Connection

Heart shape
Heart

4:23 of pure mind blowing realization...EVERY.BODY.HAS.SOMETHING! The scenes and the music are heart warming and made me reflect. I thought about people I know who recently had a horrible diagnosis or those that I know that are continuing to battle health problems. The video begins with the viewer seeing what the patients are going through, but then the video adds the unspoken stories of the health care workers. Most importantly, all of these people exist beyond the walls of a hospital. All people have problems that are not just health related...financial problems, family problems, hunger, mental health issues, the list goes on and on. These unspoken stories and experiences are inherent in every person, everywhere. My challenge is to remember that I may never know the stories or experiences, but it is up to me to treat all people with respect and dignity and to understand that EVERY.BODY.HAS.SOMETHING!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this post although it is difficult to see the text with it being in black. I too feel that it is essential to treat everyone with respect and dignity. I have found that so many people are quick to judge people and tend to forget that those people might have been through an extremely traumatic experience. Many times especially with transgender people it can be hard for cisgendered people to understand the trauma that comes from having gender dysphoria and recognizing these trauma's can be benificial to achieve an empathetic viewpoint when dealing with LGBT issues. I myself have had to remember these things within my own writing.

    ReplyDelete